As a starting point for adoption, you must:
• Be able to provide a safe and stable home for a child
• Be at least 21 years old – but there’s no upper age limit
• Be a resident of the UK
• Have no cautions or convictions against a child (the same applies to any other members of your household)
• Have finished fertility treatment more than 6 months ago
• Have a strong, stable and enduring relationship if you are with a partner
If you have any questions or would like to chat more about your circumstances, please contact us.
Additional information to help you decide if you’re ready to adopt…
Adoption has changed and there aren’t as many barriers as you might have heard.
We get lots of questions about adoption, so we might already have the answer to any questions you have.
Becoming a parent through adoption is easier and quicker than you might think. The process is there to make sure the adoption is a success for both you and the child.
If you’re interested in adoption, need additional support, or just want to ask us some questions, we’d love to hear from you.
You can also speak to an adoption worker for an informal chat, and we can then send you an information pack.
0800 085 0774